Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Delight

It's the middle of the quarter and I'm starting to get snowed under with other teaching responsibilities, so I didn't read the blog for a bit, and I have been providing absolutely zero leadership for this project -- mostly by design, but now also by necessity. My big accomplishment this past week: registering a mailing list for the group. We meet at 4.30 on Wednesdays in our labspace, and by 3 (while I was with another group), there was one student looking for access. Another appeared around 3.30. When I wandered into the lab a little after 4.30, all 5 of them (one is sick) were at work. I'm staring around the room, watching them focused on building, researching, collaborating, and it's delightful.

I also know they'll all read this at some point.

Hang on. I'm going to ask them a question.

"Raise your hand if you're having fun!"

5 hands raised. Actually four. One responds, "Me! I can't raise my hand because I'm twisting." Twisting wire, that is.

Now I'm going to stop writing about them. Because let's face it -- it's kind of weird.

But we've got data collection processes in place, lots of photographs uploaded, and multiple collaborative workspaces in the cloud. It's interesting to see the need for new collaborative tools emerge as our work processes change.

No comments:

Post a Comment