Monday, April 26, 2010

Chris's intro + first thoughts on Arduino

Brand new to LearnMakeCupcake, I'm an undergraduate in the department of Human Centered Design and Engineering focusing on human computer interaction. My interests at the moment include music, improving education, DIY, home automation, aid in the developing world, impacts of new social mediums, and multi-touch technology.

I don’t know much about what can be done with an Arduino but I have some basic knowledge of circuitry and programming in Java that might help. I grabbed one of the Arduino starter kits on Wednesday and we kicked off the learning process with exploring a blinking LED sketch. Alexis helped helped us out and explained the functions of the code. So far the code seems pretty straight forward, but I'm sure it will get a lot more complicated. I’ve started looking around on the interwebs for what the possibilities are with these things. There are a lot of crazy cool, high tech projects out there, I can't wait to start my own. For now I found some basic tutorials that I’ll be going through over the next few days. I’m going to try to learn the basic functions of all the components that came with the kit this week. I'm also exploring ways to use a touchscreen to send messages to the Arduino using the OSC protocol. I'll post an update after I have a few more sketches under my belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment